- Make pick ups from customer manufacturing sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety procedures.
- Load scrap on truck and unload at Krevitz in Quakertown.
- Operate trucks to pick up roll-off containers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Pick up container from customers which may include assistance with loading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of pick up. Contacts customers if they are not present at pick up location.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Krevitz policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck as needed.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Will have several pick ups in a day.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Home every night.
- Must be twenty one years of age.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass the Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable.
To apply, please send your contact information and resume to email@example.com.